The front office may be the head of the organization but our volunteers are definitely the heart.
- Our longest serving volunteer has been with the organization for eighteen years
- An average of 70 people donate their time each month to service our clients through our various programs
- Our volunteers typically contribute over 20,000 hours of their time on an annual basis; saving over $400,000 in labor costs; something to cheer about!
We could not begin to fulfill our mission in Lincoln County without the dedication, devotion and deeds of these wonderful people.
If you would like to volunteer with Food Share of Lincoln County or one of its partner agencies, download this Volunteer Interest Form📄, complete it and email it to us at email@example.com or bring it by our office at 535 NE 1st Street in Newport during business hours.
Host a Food Drive
If you would like to host a food drive on our behalf, please download and complete this Hosting a Food Drive Form📄 and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it by our office at 535 NE 1st Street in Newport during business hours.
If you are interested in donating food, please drop by our office at 535 NE 1st Street in Newport during business hours. We will happily accept dry and shelf stable food as well as your personal garden bounties. Sorry, no frozen or unlabeled foods. If you have any questions about donating food give us a call at (541) 265-8578.
Please click on the link below to see our most needed and wanted foods:
Other Ways You Can Help:
- Make a Gift of Stock: A donation of securities can be used for capital projects such as the purchase of another freezer or refrigerator
- Make a Bequest: Consult with your estate planning attorney and consider including Food Share of Lincoln County in your will
- Donate Food: Contribute to local food drives, deliver food to our location at 535 NE 1st Street in Newport or you can deliver food to your local pantry
Finally, if you shop on Amazon.com, try Amazon Smile. Like Fred Meyer, Amazon.com will donate a portion of your purchases to your designated nonprofit. Choose Food Share of Lincoln County and know that you are helping to feed hungry people in Lincoln County while you shop!
Help FSLC by raising money collecting beverage containers with an Oregon refund value.
Drop by our location at 535 NE 1st Street in Newport to collect a blue bag and label. Then, fill the Blue Bags with empty containers, apply a label and drop them off at any BottleDrop location at your convenience. They count the containers and we get the refund value!
Need help finding a BottleDrop location? See a list of BottleDrop locations here.
Fred Meyer also provides opportunities to support your favorite nonprofit through its Community Rewards program. Just login to the Fred Meyer website and link your Rewards Card to Food Share of Lincoln County. A percentage of your purchase is donated to us by Fred Meyer quarterly. Last quarter we received over $600.00!
Food Share is now part of Crowdrise, an online fundraising site, where nonprofits register and create their page. Donors can choose to go to the nonprofit’s page to donate directly, or they can choose to host a fundraiser of their own in support of the nonprofit. This truly puts the power to support a cause in the donor’s hands.
Please feel free to email us or call us at 541-265-8578 to discuss donation opportunities. Thank you so much for your support.
📄 Some files on this page may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view