Food Share of Lincoln County is involved in numerous programs and projects to help feed its clients in Lincoln County. If you’re interested in volunteering or donating to help support Food Share of Lincoln County, contact us at 541-265-8578.
Emergency Food Assistance Program
The Emergency Food Assistance Program is the largest direct distribution program at Food Share!
- Seven (7) pantries serving Lincoln County residents
- Over 4,000 individuals are served monthly
- Over 1,600 families are served monthly
- Average 90,000 pounds of food distributed each month
- Total pounds distributed in 2017-18: 1,129,125 equating to 4,516,500 meals
Senior Food Boxes & Mobile Pantry
“Senior Food Boxes” provides food to seniors whose mobility or health issues prevent them from accessing an emergency box at their local pantry.
- 31 boxes delivered monthly by Food Share of Lincoln County volunteers
- Special needs, easy to prepare and single-serve foods
- Big Creek Apartments mobile pantry
Produce Plus at Calvary Baptist Church
A supplemental food program open every Friday from 1-3 PM for all eligible Lincoln County residents located at the Calvary Baptist Church on Alder St. in Newport.
- Address903 SW Alder St, Newport, OR 97365
My Sisters’ Place
My Sisters’ Place provides victim-centered, trauma-informed advocacy and confidential shelter access.
Supplemental food is provided to a local domestic violence shelter.
CSC-Head Start & Oregon Coast Community College
Head Start provides a free preschool education to children ages three to five years old in a nurturing learning environment that includes parents as important resources for their children’s learning.
Healthy snacks are made available at local locations during hours of operation.
Backpack Programs (Lincoln City, Siletz, Toledo)
For more than 15 years, the Feeding America BackPack Program has been helping children get the nutritious and easy-to-prepare food they need to get enough to eat on the weekends.
Backpacks are filled with food and sent home with low income children at the end of the week to help feed their families over the weekend.
Ridge Apartments-After School Program
We help supply snacks for children who live at The Ridge Apartment complex in Lincoln City.
Volunteer led, free nutrition education classes and farmers’ market tours offered throughout Lincoln County.